King Arthur Flour Cake Baking Contest
The Holyoke Winter Carnival is pleased to announce King Arthur Flour will be this year’s sponsor of our Cake Baking Contest on Saturday February 15, 1:00 p.m., at Gateway City Arts.
King Arthur Flour is America’s oldest flour company, founded in Boston in 1790 to provide pure, high-quality flour for residents of the newly formed United States. Today the 100% employee-owned company is headquartered in Norwich, Vermont, where it continues to produce some of the finest quality flour in America.
Cake Baking Contest (See Contestant Registration Form below)
King Arthur Flour is looking for your best and most delicious frosted cake. Be sure and make them from scratch - no cake mixes or prepared frostings allowed. Creativity is strongly encouraged so get baking with King Arthur Flour and you could be the blue ribbon winner!
Entry Deadline: Monday, February 10, 2014
Date of Contest: Saturday, February 15, 2014
Prizes Awarded by King Arthur Flour:
1st place: $100 gift certificate to the Baker’s Catalogue/ kingarthurflour.com
2nd place: $75 gift certificate to the Baker’s Catalogue/ kingarthurflour.com
3rd place: $50 gift certificate to the Baker’s Catalogue/ kingarthurflour.com
1st place: $50 gift certificate to the Baker’s Catalogue/ kingarthurflour.com
2nd place: $40 gift certificate to the Baker’s Catalogue/ kingarthurflour.com
3rd place: King Arthur Flour Baker’s Companion Cookbook
Plus ribbons for each place. Please send me your preferred shipping address for these prizes.
Here are some suggestions for themes that we have liked from years past. Cakes with a Holyoke, Winter, or Children’s book inspired themes.
1. Cakes must use King Arthur Flour and be made from scratch. No cake mixes or prepared frostings.
2. Judging will be based on: Taste (50%), Creativity (25%), and Texture (25%).
3. Entrant must bring the opened bag of King Arthur Flour or submit a UPC label from the flour bag when he/she brings the prepared entryto the contest at the event or when mailing in their entry.
4. Directions for preparing the recipe must be clear; measurements should be in level cups, tablespoons, teaspoons or fractions thereof; also include pan size, cooking temperature, number of servings and any other pertinent information.
5. Use ingredients that are readily available in grocery stores.
6. Type or legibly write recipe on 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of paper with name, address, daytime and evening phone number, email address if available, in the upper right hand corner. Entries must be legible and include a phone number or they will be disqualified.
7. Upon submission, recipes will become property of the Holyoke Winter Carnival and King Arthur Flour, which reserves the right to edit,adapt, copyright, publish and use for publicity, promotion or advertising without compensation.
8. Contestants may submit more than one type of cake, but only one entry per participant can win.
9. This contest is open to all ages; amateurs only.
10. To be a contestant, mail recipe to: Holyoke Winter Carnival, P.O. Box 456 C/O King Arthur Flour Baking Contest, Holyoke, MA 01040 postmarked by February 10, or complete the online registration form below with the recipie added to the feedback field. You may also email your recipe to: email@example.com
11. The Holyoke Winter Carnival Planning Committee selects judges; judges’ decisions are final.
12. No team entries, this contest is for individual competition.
13. The cooking contest coordinator and/or contest sponsor reserves the right to make any changes or decisions prior to or during the contest as deemed necessary. Their decision will be final.
14. King Arthur Flour is widely available in local grocery stores. For product information, recipe ideas, and store locations go to: www.kingarthurflour.com
Day of Contest
1. Deliver cake(s) to Gateway City Arts, 92-114 Race St., on Saturday February 15, 2014, between 12:00 – 1:00 p.m.
2. Judging will begin at 2:00 PM.
3. Prizes will be awarded at 3:30 PM (or when contest is completed).
4. Contestants will be admitted into the event for free with prepared entry on the day of the contest.
5. Entries may be brought in any type of container (preferably disposable); it is not the responsibility of the Carnival to return any dishes.
6. Entries must be prepared at home and brought to the fair on the day and time of the contest.